5 staple pieces I want to add to my wardrobe this year

Friday, June 01, 2018
I think my wardrobe is around 95% perfect. I'm happy with most of the things in there and I get a lot of wear out of them. However, I do think it could benefit from a couple more staple pieces which would make that remaining 5% of my wardrobe a little more wearable. 

Below are the five pieces I would love to add to my wardrobe in the coming months. Enjoy!

1. A simple handbag

I only ever use two bags - a navy Kanken Mini and a blue spotted Cath Kidston cross-body. I love backpacks because I like having my hands free, plus they don't make my back or shoulder hurt, but I would love to own a proper handbag. Something simple, leather or faux, preferably brown, with two handles and nothing else. I am drawn to this one from Fat Face because it's so beautifully unfussy.

2. Smart trousers

I know culottes can be easily dressed up, but I would prefer owning a trouser that looks a little more formal, something I could wear with a pretty blouse and flats and look like I've made an effort. I absolutely love these formal joggers from Matalan - the comfort of a jogging bottom with the appearance of a smart tailored trouser? I'm sold.

3. A checked blazer

I loved the look of these oversized checked blazers when they were ~super trendy~ earlier in the year. I never picked one up because I never thought they'd suit me, but I really love the look of this one from H&M because the length looks flattering (I like the way it covers the hips) and it seems more relaxed and not as tailored as some others I've seen.

4. A jumpsuit

I've owned jumpsuits in the past and really loved them, but I haven't worn one for years. A lot of jumpsuits I see nowadays are too plunging at the neck or have some cut-out hole in the back which is why I haven't picked one up in so long. I do like this light green one from New Look because it is very understated and could be worn all year round.

5. Heeled sandals

I'm not a heels-wearing kind of girl (can't deal with the pain), but a blocky mid-heel I can just about cope with (for a short period of time). I'd like something heeled for if I go out in the evening or to a special occasion, or if I just want some extra height one day. These cream Dorothy Perkins ones are simple but have that beautiful beading on the front to give them some pizazz so they're not completely boring.


  1. Ooo I like the idea of those jogger-esque trousers, I bet they're super comfortable!

    I love that jumpsuit, I've seen it around quite a lot recently and just think it's gorgeous xx

    1. Those jogger trousers have an elasticated waistband too, so they're basically perfect in every way <3

      I think the fit of that jumpsuit would be universally flattering, plus the colour is very cute.



marchninetyfour | A UK lifestyle blog